Thursday 4 June 2015

NAMES

Hi there,

Its been quite sometime.....how are you all doing? Good, Great.....never been better? Which ever may be the case, God is Awesome. His name is Yaweh, I am that i am....

Talking about names, is it weird to have multiple names, say 4,5,6 names? I think its kinda cute and fun. What do y'all think??? I personaly would have loved having about 6 names from different tribe...heheheheheehe..am a true Nigerian.



The other day, myself and my friends were having a chat with my mum and she was telling us the story of how my name came to be "Ifeoma". 7days after my birth, it was the naming ceremony day as custom requires, prior to that day, my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmum had a fall out as to who/what my name should be. (like seriously???? why fight when you all can give me a nameeeee) After all the grahhhhhagrahhhhgrahhh, they settled with "Ifeoma" which my maternal grandfather chose....Yay..he won( am glad am bearing that name for a couple of reasons....
1. Its meaning! it means Goodthing
2. I didn't get the chance to know my grandfather...he died when i was just 2years old...so in a way, the name gives me a sense of belonging with him
3. I can coin different cute names from it....i have Ify, and my own bestest name ever...Oma!

Have you met any child with multiple names recently....you go hail....the name introduction goes thus

"my name is Nwabuaku, my mum calls me Akunna, my dad, Precious, my grandparents named me Ezinne, my favourite aunt calls me Folasade" whewwwww...oh boy....

These are names i would have loved to bear in different tribes

Ifeoma-Ukwuani/Igbo
Nwabuaku-Ukwuani/Igbo
Ivie-Bini
Darasimi-Yoruba
Alero-Itsekiri
Mena- Urhobo
Ebiegberi-Ijaw
Anietiee-Efik

So , do you have multiple names, Which do you like best and which other names would you have loved to bear?
share in the comment section.


Lots of Love,
Oma!

4 comments:

  1. I have 4 names on my birth certificate, but at home I'm called a completely different name. Then I asked my grandmum to give me an Itsekiri name, and when I got married to Cakes, I was given an Urhobo name. So I have 7 names - Ogoni, Igbo, English, Itsekiri and Urhobo. Yay me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berry D in daah buildinnnnnnnngggg....standing/clapping ovation for you! Yay you....wow, am tripping like seriously..

      Delete
  2. Waoh!!! Darasimi !!!!the name of My beloved friend's daughter....I love the name.I think I would mind adding Kasiemobi (Igbo) to my list of names

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasiemobi is another name i love, partly because of its meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than knowing your thoughts as well. Your comments are always welcomed....keep them coming! I would always reply, i promise